Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, April 14, 2014

Today's Word:
http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/041414.cfm

“I formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light for the nations”

We are all chosen.  We are all set apart.  We are all called to bring God’s Light to His people. 

In July 2005, I embarked on my journey into the unknown.  I left my family, my friends, my job and my comfort zone.  It was not easy. 

In a unique way, God gave me reassurance.  A few days before leaving, my mother and I went to morning Mass as usual.  Unbeknownst to Mum, on this particular morning, after all was set for my journey, I had the ‘cold feet’ feeling.  I was quiet as we drove down to Mass, not wanting to make her more anxious for me. 

Mass was amazing.  When the Postulants on duty sang a hymn entitled “Be not Afraid, I go before you always” I instantly felt comforted and reassured.  Later on, the priest on duty asked a Jesuit Scholastic (JS) to preach after the Gospel.  He did not know of my upcoming journey, but his homily touched me.   The JS shared how at times God sends us far and wide, to charter the unchartered waters.  He also mentioned that God always goes before us and that we need not be afraid.  At that moment it all made sense to me.  I was not coming to the U.S. alone, He was going before me!

My departure day arrived.  Before boarding my flight, I cried my eyes out.  Surprisingly, God provided guardian angels throughout my trip to The United States.


Since coming to the United States, He has continued to show me His face through so many wonderful people.  My experience as a student has made me feel chosen and set apart with a Mission to be a light for God’s people.  Let us continue to find Jesus in the ordinary events of our lives.  He is waiting for us to anoint His feet, just like Martha did.

Clare Mukolwe
Fordham Graduate School of Business

1 comment: