Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday, April 4, 2014

Today's Word:

          There is so much to take away from these passages that one would not know where to even begin! The phrase that struck a chord within me was the passage “Let us beset the just one, because He is obnoxious to us;.. Reproaches us for transgressions of the law".  I think too often circumstances and behaviors that are normal to us may not always be of the most moral in nature. Behaving justly can be difficult and no one is free from sin.

          In college I struggled with this constantly, sometimes I felt that law and politics in some societies were not in the best interests of humanity; of God’s people. I didn’t know what to believe! However I was in luck, Jesus was the answer and he has set an immaculate example. Our Lord has paid the ultimate price for our salvation and has demonstrated through love and compassion how we must live. Doing the right thing and doing the easy thing are not always the same.  I found that I wanted to learn to live more in the light of God and love all with the depth and consistency God intended. That was my answer.

            
          It is hard to think about how much Jesus would have suffered and sacrificed for us. When I think about this time, I feel overcome with sadness and love. I couldn’t understand how we as humans could allow this, but I feel awe when I reflect upon how the Lord had allowed this for us. Not only was our Lord forgiving but He also loved. That’s amazing! The Lord will confront the evildoers and aid the just. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and the Lord redeems the lives of his servants and those who take refuge in Him. There is nothing but love in the arms of God and I feel so blessed to live a life so filled with this knowledge!

Roshni Patel
Fordham School of Law 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment