Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday, March 17, 2014

Today's Word:
http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/031714.cfm

Forgiving is quite possibly the hardest action in life since it is so easy to fall into the traps of bitterness, resentment, and hatred. Lent is a time for letting go, and letting go of those traps will help us get closer to God. I know that I need to learn how to forgive; not specifically others, but myself.

I feel I am the pure definition of being my own worst critic because I still deeply regret things I have done when I was a child. Even so, I am quick to blame myself for anything that goes awry and that results in deep hatred towards myself. That's not what God wants. I may love the people in my life a lot but what God really wants from me is to love and forgive myself for my imperfections. I am in his image; I live my life devoted to Him and through the people I love. I have to learn how to forgive myself, not just for Him, but also for the people who love me and forgave me for my imperfections. At the beginning of Lent, I gave up hating myself in favor of loving myself and forgiving myself in order to get closer to God.  I feel I'm doing a good job at it so far and even if I mess up, I simply have to let go and let God.


Forgive and you will be forgiven.

Andrew Abbensett
FCLC 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment